Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Faith


For many faith is a belief in something that they don't necessarily know is there or will happen. For me faith is an action. It is proof that you are willing to do anything and give everything for what you believe in. Never letting up just because times might be hard or the path rough. Faith is unwavering determination and the action brought from that determination. Something I ask myself often is "Am I willing to sacrifice myself for what I have faith in?" Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes it is no. When it is no I have to ask myself why not and figure out why I wouldn't. Often times it is because I should either not have faith in what I think I do, or I need to become stronger in my faith.

Now something that I have always equated with Faith is Love. You really can't have one without the other. Faith in God, Faith in Family, Faith in Friends, Faith in Myself. Everything I have faith in I also love, with all my heart. I would give anything and everything to those I have faith in.

Faith in God. Again and again he shows his hand in my life. He has a hand in the lives of all his children. What parent loving their children wouldn't help them to grow and succeed in life? He has helped me through so many hard times and will continue to do so in the future. 100% trust 100% faith 100% love. He is the anchor for my soul and the goal in my heart. I have no fear of standing before him today tomorrow or ever. My faith in God is the strongest of all.

Faith in Family. Just like Faith in God my family has always been there for me in one way or another. Whether it is teaching me lessons I need to learn, or just being there to support me when I am going through a hard time. My mom personally has been a huge support to me and has taught me about Love, Humility, Patience, and Enduring through trials. She has honestly got to be the strongest person I have ever met in my entire life. My dad has taught me a lot about working hard and doing your part, things that are necessary for me to grow up and be a good father myself. My siblings have taught me to laugh, to have fun, to enjoy the small things in life as well as the big, and that being my own person and doing things the way that I need to do them are important. I want to be there for my family as much as they have been there for me. No matter what I will always have Faith in my Family.

Faith in Friends. I haven't always had the best friends. Sometimes in life you don't make good choices about who you associate with most often outside of your family. The good friends that I do make leave an eternal imprint of themselves in me. Whether it has been raising me from a dark abyss I had myself buried in, being there when I needed them most, or just making me feel included and wanted. The best friends I have ever had to this point in my life have all been way better than me. Always encouraging me to do the right things or to make the best choices. Not trying to change me themselves, but doing it by being amazing examples and friends that I would stand with no matter what. For me friends are the most valuable thing in the world beyond my Family and my God. Faith in them comes without question.

Faith in Myself. Growing up I had a problem with myself. I never seemed to be the absolute best at something. My problem was I was comparing myself to my siblings. Never as good as my brother at basketball, as smart as my older sister, as loving as my younger sister, or as pure as my youngest sister. So with all the bases covered, I had nothing to be the best at in my family. It took me a long time to finally figure out what I was best at. I was best at being me. Everybody has strengths and weaknesses. Finding out each and every one of my weaknesses is still a journey I am on. Knowing that I am different from everybody that there ever was, and that I am special for that reason is a lesson I hold close to my heart. I need to be the best ME I can be. Trying to be better than everybody else won't get me there, only trying my hardest and asking for help when I need it. Knowing my limitations and pushing them a little further every time. Learning to have faith in myself has been one of the hardest things for me to do in my life. It has also been one of the most rewarding.

So for anybody that decides to read this, I urge you. Find what you have faith in, make it unbreakable. Be Yourself and when you need help ask for it. God will always help those who need it and ask. Just don't forget once you ask to act and work for what you want like your life depends on it. That is Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment